Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:35 AM   #1
turninforhome10

TCB Blood files for 2009 Crop

Since we have a lot of time and questions regarding this years crop and I am trying to get back into analyzing pedigrees again for breeding season, thought I would do something I did for a farm I last worked. I will try and break down the pedigrees as I understand them and present the horse with some history and ancestor races.
Sometimes seeing a name in a pedigree can change an opinion especially when a horse is being asked to do something for the first time as evidenced by Algorithms in the slop. When I saw the forecast for the Holy Bull and remembering when I worked up Cryptoclearance how he ran in the Widener in 88 granted he was 5 at the time but the moves were similar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji434...eature=related
I am a huge fan of Cryptoclearance mostly because of his female family. http://www.pedigreequery.com/cryptoclearance I love the inheritance of Blue Larkspur from the bottom and Princequillo on the top. This would allow for a double inheritance of known large heart carriers via the x trail. Blue Larkspur tail female members have performed remarkably in the Derby. No Blue Larkspur, no Myrtlewood and no Mr Prospector or Seattle Slew. Princequillo stands alone as broodmare sire being grandad to the immortal Secretariat. Will go into Myrtlewood and family 13-c in a later post.

Horses carrying direct tail female to Blue Larkspur on the Derby Trail
Liaison

Horses carrying direct tail female to Princequillo
Consotium
Reckless Jerry
Fed Biz

With all the talk regarding stamina, IMHO horses carrying the direct tail female connections to the aforementioned stallions should be given extra consideration.
Well I have looked at Haskin's Horses and a good bit of the 397 nominated to the Triple Crown and have found some other gems to bring to a later post. Any input is welcome.

Last edited by turninforhome10; 02-05-2012 at 03:44 AM.
turninforhome10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement