Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 10:31 PM   #1
craigbraddick

Smile 2018 Rillito Park Race Meet.

Hi Everyone!

This Saturday sees the 75th anniversary meet get underway at Rillito Park, in Tucson, AZ. Considered by some to be the spiritual home of Quarter Horse Racing, opening day has an eight race card kicking off at 1pm MST.

I was fortunate enough to be asked to call the races and I am looking forward very much to calling at a track with as much history as Rillito. It has somewhat of a county fair atmosphere and is a very well attended track by local people in Tucson and large crowds are expected for opening weekend.

Yesterday I traveled down from Phoenix to get licensed and was lucky enough to meet some of the horsemen. I love my dog but it always amazes me the love and passion people have their horses and it will be a privilege to call the animals they care so much about in the coming weeks.

Of course the track is also heavily involved in giving opportunities to the students of the RTIP at the University of Arizona and we will be having paddock analysts break down the races on TV and for the second year our signal is on all the major ADW's.

I will also use this thread to post my picks the night before.

And while I understand Rillito may not be on everyone's radar, I would be happy to supply a complimentary PP for any day of live racing. Just PM me, please the night before with your email address and I shall send it out.

To close on a personal note, just three years ago, my dog, Tanner, and I were nearly freezing to death living on the streets of Cleveland, OH. having been the victim of a crime that even now words can barely describe. Thank you to everyone in the industry and to fellow racing fans for your support as that chapter finally closes in my life. It is just amazing to think where I am now!

Now, let's call some races!!!!

PS: If you are coming out to Rillito please let me know when and I will be happy to meet you!

» Advertisement