Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Justify
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #25
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
(Mourinho)Appears to have a future as a stalking sprinter at best.
While I have no interest or prediction in his future (if we were pals, I'd bet you a $1 for the sake of argument) other than betting him as an overlay, should he be entered next in a derby prep route, we do have radically different form interpretation here;

Quote:
...he blew a 5-length lead into the stretch in a weak Speakeasy Stakes at Santa Anita.
CJ, -Care to share the TimeformUS pace figs for this one?

-Speakeasy S. was clearly a hot 3-way pace duel vs. sprinters, where he put them away impressively, only to be run down deep stretch by a perfectly setup closer, who happened to capitalize fairly well in his opportunity that day with a game late run.
raw 21.1 44.2, bris +8 +9

Quote:
In the Bob Hope at Del Mar, he had dead-aim on the brave Greyvitos, collared him at the head of the stretch and was turned back.
-Never at any point did he collar Greyvitos, although if he hadn't lost momentum on the turn while lugging in behind Greyvitos, it's possible that the top of the stretch would have had some action. Probably the fault of Mourhino(sp?), but the handling and right-hand whip certainly wasn't proactive. Greyvitos was 13-1, and controlled that pace. Bris had it -8 -8 for pace, so that may have helped Greyvitos control the pace and leave the 'good horses' too much to do, once they realized he wasn't folding.

Quote:
In the Smarty Jones he controlled a slow pace and looked like American Pharoah in a race with a shortened stretch run.
We completely agree here. I feel like the previous races pointed to this. I feel like the workouts (most are available on xbtv.com for free) reinforced this.

Quote:
In the Southwest he drew off seemingly in hand to the top of the lane and was swallowed up by not one, but many rivals.
He had to use some horse early after breaking a step slow, and having the 5 break inwards. Then at the half, apparently Johnny V thought he had a good horse in the 5, or the 5 ran away from him, or he had intentions of dueling Mourhino. For whatever reason, the 5 moved prematurely to get a head in front of Mourhino.
Mourhino then used more horse, whether jockey DVD ****ed up, or whether it's a fault that Mourhino has where he tends to put away dueling rivals with premature moves.
The track was also a muddy sloppy mess.
Mourhino was supposed to cruise around the track in front at an even pace, not make 2 moves and tough-out a surface. Had he the opportunity to run 'his' race, I have no doubt he would have repeated the Smarty Jones.

Quote:
I'll wait for the Woody Stephens, Allen Jerkens, etc., but he still needs to show quite a bit more fight and fortitude to achieve Grade 1 status.
If he runs in those races, he'll be no more than a 'use' if I happen to be stringing multis. I also have no interest or expectation of him ever being a true Grade 1 horse, but I do expect him to win his next race, should he be entered in a derby prep at a route.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 02-20-2018 at 12:27 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement