Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 05:09 PM   #2
ScottJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernmassbob View Post
I just feel ( and I’m no expert on this ) that the saddle did slip and Sonny Leon was trying not to fall off the horse which leaned into the left as it looked like he was going to go right on by. His posture seems very akward and not something he was doing on purpose. It doesn’t seem intentional at all. Last question if Rich Strike ended up winning do you think it was an easy DQ ?
There have been many posts on this subject and I wanted to throw a thought to everyone. When you are about to fall off a ladder from four feet in the air, what is your reaction? Do you typically keep reaching for that lightbulb you are trying to change or do you reach downward for the ladder to steady yourself?

The point here is that Leon kept riding in the final 1/8th, never took a second to right himself, and kept "whipping (cropping) and driving" to the wire. All that was needed was a "my saddle was slipping" to the stewards however no such comment was made, at least according to the current reporting.
ScottJ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)