Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Canterbury
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 12:26 PM   #14
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Phantom View Post
Sorry for the redboarding here. I know people hate that.

I had the late pick 4 for $1 last night. Canterbury (my home track for many years) can be a great track or a rotten track to play. There are elements that I like but I don't like that the betting is mostly spot on.

In the race you were talking about, with the #4 as the heavy favorite, I had that race 7,4,5,2 in my analysis. I thought the #4 was vulnerable, and in both of my pick 4 tickets I went 4 deep and got lucky with the 17-1 winner.

On the negative side, last week I played a pick 4: 3/3,4/ALL/ALL. The #3 won the first leg at 7-2. #4 won the second leg at 24-1. I got a 9-1 (from 10-1 morning line) in the third leg. I was certain I had the whole pool into the last leg. However, here were the numbers, morning line and pick 4 payouts if i can recall:

1: 5-1 morning line (off at 3-1), 2 tickets alive for $5,300 payout for .50c
2: 8-1 morning line (off at 7-1), 3 tickets alive for $3,500 payout for .50c
3: 4-1 morning line (off at 9-2), 2 tickets alive for $5,300 payout for .50c
4: 6-1 morning line (off at 7-1), 3 tickets alive for $3,500 payout for .50c
5: 2-1 morning line (off at 2-1), 2 tickets alive for $5,300 payout for .50c
6: 3-1 morning line (off at 4-1), 1 ticket alive for $11,600 payout for .50c

So, how random is this? The two longest shots on the morning line, and at the off odds, pay the lowest in the p4. As luck would have it, the 6 led the entire way and was tagged late by the #4. I did hedge with the 2 and 4 winning and made an extra $1,000 in the race but it was still a tough pill to swallow. I think the win parlay was something like $12k.
Good score.
And its not "redboarding" if you're just recapping a play to tell a story that others may find interesting.
I'm the opposite of most. I want everyone who bets to have good fortunes. I enjoy reading or hearing their accounts.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)