Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 12:02 AM   #35
papillon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
I wouldn't go that far. Yes, she outbroke Abel Tasman--a historically slow starter--but Rayya has 4 starts this year and been hustled from the gate each time while the latter hasn't raced in 6 months.

Abel Tasman made up the 3 length deficit on Rayya with relative ease (to be fair, Rayya was kept out in the middle of the track). In the stretch, Abel Tasman was well within herself, with Martin Garcia high over the saddle with his hands virtually still on her neck aside from mild taps on her shoulder with a flick of the wrist. Van Dyke meanwhile was low in the saddle and scruffing energetically to get Rayya to keep up at the wire.

Tiz Wonderful suffered two major injuries, one at 2 and one at 3 despite the limited starts so we definitely have an idea of his inherent soundness. He has made virtually no impact at stud aside from a few sprint fillies and was carted off to South Korea a couple of years ago.
Sigh.

Rayya passed Able Tasman on the gallop out far on the back stretch, she is about half her size, and if that work was any other 3yo Oaks bound filly, I'm thinking you wouldn't be insisting on proving me wrong about its quality, or at least you wouldn't if it wasn't me...since it's me, of course you would.

Clearly, Tiz Wonderful had physical problems, had he not, he may have proved a decent racehorse, or not, we'll never know.

Regarding his only having sired few sprint fillies...whelp, he finally got him a stayer.

Its pretty easy to be in the anti-Mendelssohn camp here. Bravo. Big limb you're one there.

90% of you are anti-Mendelssohn, and in a way exactly like LoneF is anti-Justify. If Mendelsohn loses, I really don't care. But if Justify loses, you guys are going to melt down. You are all so emotionally invested in him.

I'm cedeing the last word to you henceforth, regardless of topic, I know your response.
papillon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)