Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 04:21 PM   #116
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I know places that will outsource to low end Chinese shops and figure they are still money ahead even figuring the cost of 100% inspection, throwing away all bad parts and reworking the ones that are salvageable.

A place a friend worked in California got rid of a whole department that made their simple electrical contacts and outsourced them to China knowing full well from samples the Chinese shop had quality issues. They figured they still save 10-20% by outsourcing and paying a group of people $12 an hour to sort out the bad ones using a microscope and micrometers. My friend was a tool and die maker. Instead of having a full tool and die shop they outsourced to China and had my friend and a helper rework all the out of spec items.
We are going to be in sorry sape for mold-makers. That is NOT something you take a two year course and go about and do.
We are not going to be able to react to a crisis in the future. We will be forever out of the tooling business without trained
mold makers at our service.

If you need shit, go to China - they have all you can use.

btw, did you ever run in tot Chinese NEw Year Syndrome?
Half the people working our your project will not come back to work after the February shut down and your deadlines are now moot.

Whatever the costs, being self-reliant in EVERYTHING outweighs all the negatives.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)