Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 11:15 AM   #3
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
I need to see post positions and the PP's before I toss but off the top of my head I'd say Knicks Go is vulnerable because of fast pace and the distance and most importantly he's never had a race over the Del Mar Surface that I can remember.

Del Mar's main track isn't as extreme as the one at Santa Anita but it's still different than what the horses coming in have run over. And works or jogs over the track can be deceiving IMO. You can't really tell if they like it till they are set down in a real race.

Good luck
I agree, the Del Mar surface is a real wild card. I do believe it was even more questionable in 2017, and likely faster now, but still I recall being at the BC at that time and not only was it typical Breeders Cup in terms of randomness and upsets, it was beyond what I even expected. What's funny is that I think what supports this is that I did well on the Early Pick 5, as the form was much easier to predict given more local runners. Prat was just coming out to be the top jockey at that time, incidentally, too.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)