Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Peter Berry
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 06:41 PM   #29
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Bob Mieserski definitely rings a bell. He went to the Times after the Herald Examiner closed down. Back in the day the newspaper handicappers had a lot of influence. I was always hoping most did not like the horse I liked. I am definitely envious of you working at Santa Anita as a teenager. I have never lived close to a horse track, first track trip was at 14 my step dad took me to Los Alamitos in 1975. I was immediately hooked as I nailed a $57 winner. My step dad then informed me someone cashing a decent ticket buys a round. It took me over 10 years to exceed that $57 win price, beginners luck at it's finest.
Yes, I believe I was confused when Bob went to the Times. I cannot recall who did then horse racing picks back then. Working at Santa Anita was the most exciting times and so much fun at that age.
When there were no promotions to work they would have us sort thru huge stacks of fan entries into various contests and extract the doubles by hand and memory, real accurate.
We grew up in a town called Temple City which is just below Arcadia, think of it as much more low middle class. I lived on a side of the street that was in Arcadia school district.
I see from your other posts that you frequented Los Al. We most certainly have crossed paths as I did the go to SA during day they drive to Los Al at night regularly. From the age 16 to 35 I was all about the track, world revolved around it. Great times!

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 07-29-2021 at 06:43 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.