Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Linda Rice
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2022, 09:03 AM   #4
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisk Urging View Post
The Linda Rice barn has been on a roll, 8-for-22 dating back to Nov. 23. During that time only 1 horse has finished off the board (8 were 2nd and 5 were 3rd).

How is she still training?
1. Guess what? Barns get hot at times. For 2022 her overall winning percentage - 18% - matches the percentage she's achieved over her 36 year career - 18%. (She also has a relatively balanced number of wins, places, and shows in that 2022 record - *I* tend to be more suspicious of trainers whose percentatges are heavily skewed to the win end.)

2. If by this time, with all that's been published over the last year and a half about the suspension she'd been given in May 2021 being tied up in court, you are still unaware that it has to play itself out in legal channels before it can be enforced, I encourage you to become more informed. Here's the latest I've seen on it (there may be something more recent) - as of this 11/25 article we were waiting for the NYSGC to file its brief in response to the Rice brief filed in the appellate court on 11/16:

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...n-front-burner

3. Even with regard to the suspension she was given, *I* have never considered it in the same category as the Servis/Navarro type of suspension. It is true that the actions she is charged with were GROSSLY unfair to other trainers and owners. She gained an advantage in entering races because those others did not get to see what she saw with regard to the makeup of the race, and if true, deserves to be punished for that. However, once those races were drawn, we, as bettors, had a fair picture of the race based on what we all could see in the PPs. There was no longer any "hidden" advantage for the Rice entrants that would be present in a PED-type situation.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.