Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-26-2021, 01:17 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

NYRA signs 9-year deal with FOX Sports

This was posted in another thread, but probably deserves its own.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...-win-agreement

Quote:
The agreement, which runs through 2030, calls for FOX to air at least 700 hours of NYRA racing from Belmont Park and Saratoga Race Course on FOX Sports 1 and FOX Sports 2, and, with the exception of races covered in existing contracts with other networks such as the Belmont Stakes (G1) on NBC, gives FOX exclusive national broadcast rights at the two New York tracks. While most of the programming will be on FS2, the contract stipulates at least 30 hours a year must be presented on the larger FS1 and FOX broadcast channels.

"If someone had told me 10 years ago that a deal like this would be happening today, I would have told them there's no chance of it happening. It's a landmark deal and that's not overstating it in any way, shape, or form," said Tony Allevato, NYRA's chief revenue officer and president of NYRA Bets. "As someone whose whole career has been in television, I could not have seen this happening."

The deal also includes live coverage of the Travers Stakes (G1) on FOX's flagship broadcast network for the next nine years, continuing what has been the television home for the Midsummer Derby since 2019.
Not too shabby.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.