Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #30
headhawg
crusty old guy

It is indeed Handi. I am doing a (nearly) total rewrite of HHX and even the little things seem to be taking forever for me to code. Far down on the coding list is db capabilities but that might turn out to be a totally different program from Handifast HHX.

I've looked at some of the db things available for LB and I'm trying to decide which one to commit to. There's the previously mentioned SQLlite (but there is only an LB wrapper for an older version), and the Cheetah DB (non-SQL based). I've also discovered a B-tree indexing dll that might work with LB which mainly adds a fast indexing system to whatever sequential/random access files exist in the application. Not relational, but for what I might want to do a relational db may not be necessary.

Continued good luck with your foray into the db realm. Knowing your persistence I am sure that you will get it working shortly.
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement