Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 03:51 PM   #12
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Thaskalos is dead on in his response. The math doesn't work your way. If 30% of the pool(whales) is about break even and 30% of the pool is well above average (the pa types) the other 40% of the money is getting clobbered. Provide me numbers that make what you think is happening possible.
I'm adding another category to your list and calling it "truly awful".

Those are people playing hopeless longshots to WPS where they are often wildly overbet. They are playing tough 24% takeout exotics hooking impossible longshots up to each other on tickets that are so unlikely to win they'll be dead before the long run arrives etc..

Those people are getting destroyed.

They may be losing 50% or more on everything they bet because they are playing the worst return bets at the track and chasing dreams on a lot of very low probability tickets. It's kind of like me playing the lotto. I am losing more than the expected take on lotto for the simple reason I'm not going to live long enough to hit it and get myself back to the expected long term loss.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 05-21-2018 at 03:57 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)