Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #13296
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire
I've read it, there is a cost to be a disciple, as there is cost involved in beginning and finishing any venture. So you have given away all your possessions? Luke 14:33 And you hate your parents, your immediate family, and your own life? Luke 14:26.

Your theology seems to be the easy way. God selected you in eternity past (whatever that is) and saved you without the need of being a disciple. According to you, God did everything at no cost to you regarding discipleship.

Tell us what do you think carrying your cross means? Luke 14:27 As one of the elect what cross do you carry?

I am interested in how one of the elect should calculate the cost of following Jesus?

One thing I know it is not giving away all your material possessions. According to Calvinism, one of the signs you are part of the elect is to be prosperous, through your work ethic.
"My theology" does not preclude what Jesus taught in Luke 14 about genuine discipleship.

Tell me: Do you hate all those in your immediate family -- those with whom you have the closest relationships?

Boxcar

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)