Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #20
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
No offense Mark, but there also are very few real analysts that provide information before/between races. NYRA does it far and away the best; you do a good job with your track, no question. Brad Thomas at Momouth, also excellent (haven't watched much this year). But it's not like every track has a keen analyst dissecting races. I played Parx for years as purses skyrocketed, you got some picks at the start of the card and occasionally some rudimentary review of the PPs during the card. Delaware Park in 2021 has freakin' J.J. Graci mumbling and giving picks, and he was old when doing Garden State recaps 35 years ago (J.J.'s family doesn't need to come whack me, everyone knows he's not good on TV).

We could mention NYRA, and Vic, and a few others way down the list but it's bleak.
I get it. And to be honest, I mute the sound at simulcast. Not a knock on my esteemed peers, at all. I just prefer to go it alone. But then again, Mahoning is the only track I bet, at least in a serious manner.

Last edited by mountainman; 09-14-2021 at 10:10 AM.
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)