Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Road trip
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 05:57 PM   #8
letswastemoney

I once went up through Las Vegas on the 15 and then switched to I-70 east, through Utah and Colorado, on my way from Los Angeles to Louisville. This was in early January 2016. At some point, I had a feeling the wheel bearing in my car broken or was damaged, but I kept going because I didn't want to miss the first day of the semester (I was teaching English 101 at the time).

It was the worst drive of my life. There were some points up in the mountains around Grand Junction to Vail where I wasn't sure if I could see anything. I welcomed any car or truck to be nearby, because I needed another vehicle to follow since I couldn't see the lines on the highway. I somehow kept going.

If I could go back, I'd have written an email to all my students saying to wait a few more days.

I-40 should be fine. In terms of snow, the worst part in winter is Flagstaff. Parts of New Mexico can also get hit by snow too.

In early December or late January though, it shouldn't be too bad.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement