Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: britney eurton
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2023, 09:31 PM   #40
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbenny View Post
I would be very happy with someone like Kurt Hoover getting a job like that. I watch races all over the country, and it appears that:

1. Detailed tracking of the analyst or host picks over a rolling period of time does not exist in terms of being posted, so how good or bad they are vs. informative is most important and that is a judgement call.
2. There is a propensity to have a younger woman as part of the team which to me is a bias; again I am guessing on this point and I do not have a list of every team including the Texas and Oklahoma or other midwestern tracks which I watch- looks matter little but content does and I do listen to the different hosts vs actually looking at them.
3. Someone really familiar with the track going back a long time, and or the circuit a long time is great.
4. A positive personality who seems genuine in the interviews in the paddock, quick on their feet.

I saw the job on Indeed and with all the laws regarding hiring today it had to be posted is my educated guess.

To me, Hoover has all of those attributes. I really value sincerity in the role too and he is clearly very sincere. He is a mainstay there from what I can tell.

He is probably followed by or led by Mark Patterson who clearly has it all and that makes me watch Mountaineer for his insight, enthusiasm and sincerity. These are the people that keep me interested. Egoless yet familiar.

I am assuming one hire not a team as posted.
Kurt Hoover has had that exact job before.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)