Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2023, 02:20 PM   #24
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You're equivocating. Originally, your entire life revolved around your god OPINION. You placed great value on opinion, remember?

And if we can't recognize it, then this is a form of agnosticism. Even in this last statement you equivocate, moving from "can't widely agree" to "can't all recognize it". A lot of "can'ts here. And when you make such broad, sweeping generalizations, I take it that you do know WHO recognized it? Or is that something else that can't be known either?

Moreover, if Absolute Truth actually exists it should be obvious to all of us. I will point to three proofs of this: One theological, one philosophical and the other Natural, as in Natural Law.

Rom 1:19-20
19 ...since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities — his eternal power and divine nature — have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
NIV

The philosophical are the Laws of Logic, without which rationale, coherent thought and communication would be impossible. It is absolutely true, for example, that a thing cannot exist and not exist at the same time and in the same sense, for this would be a self-contradictory, self-defeating and absurd proposition.

Finally, Natural Law could be defined as rules of human conduct which are inherently or intuitively known by all men to be true, for God has revealed his Absolute, Eternal Law to all of us (Rom 2:14-15). For example, it is always wrong to murder someone, etc.

So...you want to champion opinion? I will champion and boldly proclaim Truth which God has graciously revealed to me in multiple ways.
I am not championing opinion...I said in my initial post here that opinion is unreliable and unverified...and that I wouldn't even pass my opinions on to my own son. How is that "championing opinion"?

Religion, politics, philosophy, psychology, morality, immorality...it's all opinion, and therefore all speculative. That's why we argue continually about them. "Absolute Truth" may very well exist...but it's very well hidden.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.