Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-07-2018, 07:05 PM   #213
Ian Meyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
ARROGANT? The guy comes here, by request, and tells it like he knows it, like he's worked it, and like he's lived it...has used his real name in posting here...and we still have people DOUBTING and QUESTIONING and basically calling him a LIAR (none of them using their real names by the way).

I'd be "arrogant" too...but I wouldn't use the word arrogant. I'd use something a lot stronger.
No worries PA. Thanks for the support.

1) BCBC, it wasn't me that talked about the collusion. You're obviously thinking of someone else. I was happy I did as well as I did; I don't typically play tournaments. Truth is, I had zero interest in playing in the NHC. Prize money? I finished 17th. 15th was worth $10k. Wasn't going to change my life.

2) re arrogance. I can give you a sample of the usual exchange either online, in person, etc.

Them: I hear there's past posting at GP. I know you understand how the tote works. Do you think that happens with regularity?

Me: No, there are times when a track's pools remain open for a specific race after the gates open. Doesn't happen too often and it's not deliberate.

Them: Bullshit, my friend's cousin's nephew told me he knows a guy at XYZ Downs that bets GP after the bell all the time. He's making like 50% on his bets.

I use to have a boss when I worked in Cleveland..A good guy in many ways but we'd always say he'd never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

People ask for any insights I might have on a specific topic. I give it. When it doesn't match what they (typically) WANT to be true (see Thaskalos '30 PHDs couldn't even agree where to order lunch') they take shots.

I've got thick skin but what's the point of asking someone that might have more insight than you a question and then pissing on him when you don't hear what you want to hear. It's why I will answer guys likes PA, CJ, Andy, O-Crunk, ITP, Pullthepocket, Charlie Davis, etc both here and on Twitter when they ask something but usually won't get involved in discussions with people I don't know.

BTW, I ask those aforementioned guys stuff all the time, respect the time they take to answer my question, and don't piss on them if it's not what I want to hear.

» Advertisement