Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 08:01 PM   #34
hencicleva

I'm in this group too and I'm trying to figure out who everyone is above as we use our real names in the Skype group.
I have to say I really think that joining this group is the final piece of the puzzle to put me over the hump to long term and consistent profitability.
There are two distinct advantages over a board like this. Firstly someone will reply to a question almost instantly most of the time and if you don't understand the reply or they misunderstood the question you can strike up a converstion to really get to what you want to know. The group has been formed around people who want to make it work. You won't get people who open up a clearly titled thread, scroll down three pages of posts and gleefully tell you they have absolutely no interest in this topic at all.
I also can't underestimate the fantastic boost you get from the back and forth from people striving for the same thing. Most of us have friends or aquaintances who play the horses but often they are either set in their own ways or casual fans who draw you into trying to win the race rather than the game.
Lastly I have to admit I'm a bit of a Dave Schwartz fan. His passion for this intelectual game is infectious and his mentorship of the group invaluable to my handicapping progress. I couldn't recommend it more highly for anyone thinking of forming one.
hencicleva is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement