Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:57 PM   #258
dlivery

Double Vision With Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Just finished both a Thursday and Saturday poker session with an accumulated 14+ hours, and they were brutal. Net loss from both days was $577.

Here are some of the specific hands that I can remember:

(a) Went all-in with AA pre-flop. A villain calls with QQ. I am a 80-20 favorite. Q on the flop.
(b) Went all-in with AA pre-flop. A villain calls with 10 10. I am a 80-20 favorite. 10 on the flop, then another 10 on the turn. (If I was going to get beat, at least my opponent was able to win a portion of the high-hand promotion,.).
(c) Went all-in on a flop of 6 Q A rainbow with AQo. Villain calls with AKo. I am an 85-15 favorite. A king appears on the river.
(d) I have AA and go all-in preflop. My opponent calls with K 10 off. I am a 85-15 favorite. Flop comes Q 9 8.
(e) Had QQ. Raise to $20. Flop comes 6 7 3 rainbow. I go all-in, and villain has 6 7 off. To be fair, I probably win if I go all-in pre-flop.
(f,g) Another two hands where I was all-in and had at a minimum a 60+ to 40- advantage.

Pretty depressing, but Peter Clarke in his book "The Grinder's Manual" states that the only "stable" currency in poker is EV (Expected Value). And that over a sufficiently long-enough time period, real-life profits/losses will be equal to one's accumulated EV. So at my current activity rate AND if I continue to play at a +EV level, I should be able to recoup these recent losses in about 50 years.
as we go along our known way we will find our way
Let It Ride
dlivery is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)