Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Horse Weights
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 09:25 AM   #61
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cratos View Post
I gave the classical Newtonian understanding of force, but to have a good representation of the force(s) (SEE BELOW) for the horse during the race you should evaluate the Normal Force. Drag Force, Wind Force, Frictional Force, Applied Force and g-force; then sum them for their impact net force value based on the reference area, the air resistance, and the kinematic viscosity. This is a very tedious by hand calculation and at the end you will still need the predictive result for wagering which is even more difficult because both the power and energy curves are exponential. We do everything with our model which we built and have tweaked for several years.
I'd like to follow up on this matter, but let me ask you a related question. If I ran around RP and it was timed, just as horse race is timed, are you saying you could estimate my weight with the data from the "race" (no video of my "race" will be provided for your estimation; however, all other data you use for a horse race will be provided)? This is a serious question, which I hope you answer.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)