Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 01:51 AM   #1
AJanks

Woodbine GA Price, Queen's Plate Day

Me and a buddy yesterday went to the Blue Jays game, which started at 1:07. It was over by 4:07 and I decided to travel to Woodbine because I had not been there before & figures what better day to go than Queen’s Plate day. It was on the way back home to Buffalo, so might as well.

We arrived at the front gates at 5:30 - plenty of time (15 minutes at least) to get tickets, walk in, and barely see horses behind a wall of people (BUT, we were THERE!). Went to the ticket counter, asked how much one was. Mind you, the day was pretty much over. Many races had been run. $46 for a GA ticket, cheapest way to get in.

Maybe I am cheap, but I am a broke college kid dammit and I’m not going to spend $46 on a ticket when I can pull up the race in HD on my phone. I just think it’s a ridiculous GA entry fee, especially at the end of the day.

When it’s all said and done, they make their money, I guess, and people will pay it. I just think it is very discouraging that my buddy, who I was introducing to the sport, never got to see it. It is reasons like this — $46 admission, $15 parking, $10 form — that the sport is dying. Why pay that when I can go and see 6 more Jays games for that cost?

Sorry for the rant, just really irritated me. I didn’t expect it to be free, but I expected a reasonable ticket price like $20. My Jays ticket was $8. Horse racing shoots itself in the foot repeatedly.
AJanks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most