Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #2
wiffleball whizz
Dead money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray2000
wiffle

I'll put this up as a new thread as it may gather some replies and I don't want to hijack LK.

(We got him posting again and don't want to upset the cart )

For the 1st half of 2013..
After getting rid of Qualifiers, DNFs, I have 14,512 Winners of 105,340 starters who had a previous LTM (no maidens). Of these 3031 won their next start. 20.9%

For those winners who set a new (or equaled) their LTM there were 2991 starters and 653 won the next race, 21.8% Almost the same.

This is probably biased by young horses moving up the ranks so I think you're correct when considering older raceway stock who tend to bounce of the effort. The sample size gets pretty small though on older horses with new LTMs
Boggles the mind where you come up with these numbers!!!!!! your the man!!

So basically 1 in 5 win off a LTM.......interesting.....this will be the classic example next Saturday in the haughton final......a horse off a world record/LTM and in the detention barn so this will be as true a test as you can get....

The meadowland next Saturday is the place to be and I'm not a fan of mile harness....foiled again is going for harness immortality IMO....

You know I came to this forum a few months ago thinking I had all the answers at age 32 and there isn't anything anybody can tell me that I don't already know then I run into your posts it's just takes handicapping to the next level......the data and info you have at your disposal is just awesome....

I gotta go back and read this pip thread maybe after the 364th time I'll understand it....

But seeing these horses win at a 20 percent clip after LTM is making me salivate over betting against warawee next week!!!

Thanks for the fast thread on this!!!!

9 hours till raceway Pocono balmoral and ocean I can't wait for later on!!
wiffleball whizz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.