Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: China Trade War
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 04:10 PM   #33
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
P.S. Trump did impose tariffs on Canadian lumber, resulting in a price increase of $9000 on the average new home in this country.
Well my house value has jumped about $80,000 since Trump took office. In another year or two I may even sell, something I hadn't planned for 5 or more years.

The new homes in this area have also been selling quite quickly as well for rich prices but I do not keep tabs too closely since I'm not in that market.

So to say Trump's tariffs has hurt the house-buyer and consumer, well, pick another straw man. The housing market in many select areas is doing well.

I supplied a link many weeks ago about the Treasury coffers growing yuuuuge thanks to the tariffs. You did not comment on that nor questioned it then. Now, you say something differently.

I read both breitbart and at times zerohedge. I'd prefer breitbart to zerohedge which seems loaded with short sellers and SHTF type writers and readers. I do question many of the writers' objectives at zerohedge. Zerohedge is now just slightly better than the pump and dump stock web sites we've come accustomed to since the 'net exploded.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.