Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 11:43 AM   #4
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Interesting race. It was more or less a merry-go-round race on a day with some strange fractions in the routes. I wonder if there was any wind.
could be. I'm interested in anything you know regarding the wind or dynamics.

I took at face-value. Sometimes these early preps have a couple standouts that lay over the field, and sometimes a few surprises jump up.
The maybe looked a touch stronger than the on paper. With both, seemingly a level above the competition.
- Did have some respect for Jaycee's longshot, as Dallas Stewart's horses have been finishing well in the stretch of late.

ended up with a Tough enough post draw, that they were forced to decide to 'Go!' or 'Stalk', and they didn't want to 'rate' out of the gate and attempt to fit into a stalking position, but they also weren't quite the gate-speed to clear the field so quickly before the turn...
Not sure it made much difference, given the ease of the 's break and control of the rail, effortlessly saving ground AND having the forward position.

Maybe if the comes back as a chalk, in the next stakes, I'll put $2 against him?

Getting to be fun again, with these Derby points races.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 01-18-2021 at 11:47 AM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)