Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Cratos

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPinMaryland
WHen you say "average time of 4th quarter" what are you saying here? Because obviously you are not taking the average of all horses, you are taking the average of what:

a) pace call? (could be different horse at different times)
b) the winner's fractions?
c) the fastest fractions...?

Because I added all the average times and it comes to 2:02 or so; I dont think that's the average time of a horse in the derby, its most likely the average winning times. But are you just taking the pace call, or the winners fractions or..?
The times are the average time of the leader at each quarter of the KY Derby from 1948-2007. These times came from the historical Derby records on the Churchill Downs website and can be found in an Excel spreadsheet in an earlier post, KY Derby Average Times, 1948-2007, posted by me in this thread.

"Science is correct; even if you don't believe it" - Neil deGrasse Tyson
Cratos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement