Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-31-2017, 07:10 AM   #92
proximity

fumbling his confidence and wondering why ac has passed him by...

ok poker fans, we last left off with yet another disappointing atlantic city trip and today's action finds us back at the beautiful horseshoe baltimore hoping for a rebound to greater fortunes.

it's going to be a long wait to get into my regular 3/6 limit game so instead we try our luck against the local 1-3 no limit talent.

unfortunately i find myself at a table of "regs." i am in good position against a couple of the weaker players but with a steady diet of Q4 off suit hands i'm not getting much to show down against them.

eventually i strike with a set of fours and eek out a $28 win. i spend the night in town and return the next morning to swipe my total rewards card to take advantage of a generous rewards credits promotion.

with this promotion (and their body of work) horseshoe has earned my business but on this day i'm just not feeling it and head out to the garage to take off for charles town.

it's pouring down rain as trucks are passing whizzing by me at 90 mph on 70 west.

long time readers of my reports know it's 2200 miles to cove fort.

i stop to grab some coffee at a dunkin' donuts when switchfoot comes on my radio:

We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
Somewhere we live inside

these lyrics do not escape me and i have to ask myself serious questions driving in a downpour to play 3/6 limit holdem and $5000 west virginia breds at charles town, wv. do i need to get a life? or does the rest of the world?

a $10 come from behind win at 3/6 doesn't do much to answer these questions but over at the track i LOVE a horse named GREY GATOR on the penn national simulcast.

i don't think GREY GATOR can lose and i'm pretty sure about a horse named NEUTRONSTAR two races before GREY GATOR runs.

i try to "lock in" a price on a pick 3 here but when i call the adw i'm informed that pen no longer has a pick 3 on this sequence of races.... only a 20 cent pick 6!!

both horses win though and i grab another lone speed win with a charles town horse named LUCKY CANDY to finally give me a winning night on horses.

on nights like these the game seems so easy but of course we all know that it really isn't easy and that these nights are too rare.

for once though there's hope for winning and it's a relaxing trip home.

thank you for reading!!

game +28 (hs)
+10 (ct)
year -1194 (30-28)
promo 0 (470)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement