Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #68
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

tariff not reason for factories outside U.S.

President Trump’s feud with Harley-Davidson is sad to watch, but it reveals several challenges facing American businesses. I understand the issue, but I continue to believe Harley’s management made a grave error by blaming its announcement of factories outside the U.S. on the tariff tiff. This will be over before any motorcycles roll off any new assembly lines in Europe.................

This trend is underscored by the fact American motorcycle registration peaked at 549,200 in 2006 and finished in 2017 at 288,800. Meanwhile, European motorcycle registration has been coming on strong, and Harley’s share of that expanding pie has been growing at an even faster pace.........................

I’m not arguing against the business rationale of this decision. I am just saying it was made long before America got into a tariff tiff with Europe.

https://www.wstreet.com/investing/st...ley_day_3.html
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most