Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 12:09 AM   #23
jballscalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMustang
On Tuesday the mutuals manager at River Downs (Ohio) made the decision to cancel show betting in an 8 horse field, in an obvious attempt to avert a major minus pool.

I sent an E/Mail to Jack Hannessian, the GM, with a link to this thread attached, asking him how the incident cited here is different than that at River Downs.

While he did not reply the Mutuals Manager sought me out and informed me that it was strictly his decision, and that the stewards at River Downs nor did the mutuals manager at Thisledowns (our 7/7 partner) question him.

Obviously, in California there is a regulation governing when show pools are conducted but in Cincinnati, it is at the whim of the mutuals manager.
there are many tracks where it is at the whim of a manager. the reason they are doing it is so that they don't kill their simulcast partners who take their signal.

River Downs sells their signal to places all over the country. if they are putting out huge odds on favorites all the time (joe woodard anyone?) and lets say for instance Arlington Park trackside has a guy who is doing huge bridgejumping at River and hitting everytime, it's AP who is takiing the worst of it and having to pay out much of the negative pool. Therefore if AP keeps getting burned by River sending out short priced favorites, AP isn't going to continue to take River's signal, which in turn will cost RD money. So RD cancels show betting when there is an obvious spot for a Bridgejump

i don't like it, but this is why those decisions are made
jballscalls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)