Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 05:42 PM   #9
Inner Dirt

I made things like in the bag from 2008-2012. I had to throw in the towel when I moved to Virginia as my current and past internet service are too slow for all the government security.

I will take a shot and bid the job at what I would if I was bidding a small DOD contract. It is difficult to make an educated off that visual.

Comparing the bag to the size of a typical man's hand that is a 4" x 8" bag 1/3 full. Counting how many parts that would fit across I would say you have 250 parts that are 1/4" diameter x 1/2" long. Jet engine parts
the material requirement is most likely Titanium-6AL-4V commonly referred to as grade 5. Most people are scarred shitless to machine it as it can catch fire and if you don't dial it in properly using correct feeds, speed, tooling and machining methods machining costs will easily put a job in the red.

If you know what you are doing titanium is nothing to be afraid of, but since most shops don't you can charge a premium for making parts out of it.

I charge variable hourly rates due to degree of difficulty and what I am competing against. Believe it or not a lot of these small contract DOD job end up earning less an hour than if you sold to the private sector. You may get more an hour, but paperwork, packaging, and shipping requirements can add a lot of time.

This job I would quote at $75 an hour and run it so slow it would only need attention every 10 hrs. I would go make parts in my sleep, figure they have some degree of difficulty, 20 hours program, set-up and run. Since they go to the Air Force those are replacement parts, they get individual bag and tag and in a box with an RFID tag, FTS in my condition I pay a packing house $200 to do that work. Figure $1 each for material, $50 for tooling. My bid on that job is $2,000.

Next post I will give a likely explanation for pricey toilet seats and why Mike Waltz is a lying piece of crap or passing on a cock and bull story he was told. By the way he is a Republican and an embarrassment for the party, f**k him and the whore he probably slept with last night.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)