Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:51 PM   #209
Parson

Andy and Phantom, thank you very much for the encouragement to post more and I will try to do so. Like I wrote earlier today, I believe this is the greatest game of chance that you can gamble on. You do not have to participate every race unless you choose, you can choose if you want to play in LA, FL, CA, KY, PA, NY or wherever they are racing. That is another thing that hurts finding overlays, our ability to pick and choose. I am not that old, but I remember when I could only wager on CDX when I went to the track. If was at the track, I could not bet races in NY. Our corner store butcher took book in the back if you wanted to do that. When I could call a bet in on the telephone, that was tall cotton for me. WHOO HOO.

There are a number of things I do not understand about this game and when I do not understand, I tend to get frustrated. I can understand, but not agree; as long as I understand I am fine. Just a few things that I do not understand: the bonehead take out rates set by track mgt., owners and trainers not running ( I do own pieces of a few and we try to run at least every 4-6 weeks or we go broke), the b.s. race conditions that get carded, super trainers that have 200+ horses in training ( no way they know what is going on with the 30K claimer that is 3 states away), the tolerance that we have for those who repeatedly cheat and the death sentence, given to some for the same offense. I could ramble on and on but we would be getting off topic quite a bit.

I forgot to mention, I did have the horse in question @ SAX. Yeah I was a bit upset he dropped in odds, but he still hit my min. odds requirements and it was better than a torn up ticket. I have had my share drift up as well. For some reason those do not p*** me off like the 4/1 that drops to 6/5. Go figure.
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)