Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 12:37 AM   #71
Gakiss2
Data Warbucks

interset is TPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobphilo View Post
If you have been reading my complete posts you would know that I have repeatedly said that such a technology already exists and is being used by an increasing number of tracks called TPD. It uses a GPS satellite tracking system. The device uses something like a cell phone embedded in each horses saddle cloth. After many months of successful testing several tracks in the U.S., Canada and the U.K. are using it. It not only shows position, ground loss and accurate sectional times for every horse. It even measures stride length and cadence speed. It has seemed to have solved the problem of occasional errors inherent with Trakus and is much easier to install as it does not involve setting up receivers at various points of call on the track. It can report data at any point including furlong by furlong data in real time. It will even be extremely useful in timing workouts which are notoriously inaccurate due to hand timing. No, I do not work for TPD. For more info, here's the link:

http://www.totalperformancedata.com/

BTW, my statement regarding your lack of success using speed figures was based on statements you yourself made that you were not getting the desired results so you gave them up entirely in favor of tote board analysis and in so doing you are throwing out the baby with the bath water.
I joined their mailing list. Thanks for the link. Probably too expensive for a casual horse racing / betting fan but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Gakiss2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)