Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 12:21 AM   #1
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

On Bris Race Shapes

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/stati...raceshapes_lib

I want to start using the Bris Race shape numbers as part of my handicapping and was wondering if any of you are familiar with their nuances...

The other day a horse won that came out of a race that had +15...+17 for the first and second calls so I'm gonna start looking for that more often....maybe also look for mid-teens in the negative categories as well as well...

...These remind me of DRF's race shape symbols system only with numbers...

"The BRIS Race Shapes correspond to the first and second calls of a race. The first BRIS Race Shape value corresponds to the first call (2f call for most sprints; and 4f call for most routes). The second BRIS Race Shape value corresponds to the second call (4f call for most sprints; and 6f call for most routes). This enables the user to quickly identify which segment(s) of the race were fastest and slowest (relative to each call's average pace for the final time)."

What do they mean "average pace" Whose average...? Which race(s)...?

Any comments...?

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 09-14-2017 at 12:29 AM.
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)