Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: P Val
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 08:28 PM   #47
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
If you watched the video interview on KUSI you'd see the man has something to offer.
I did watch the interview. He came across very well. However, I think you should consider several things.

1) He's 55 and looks like he's quite a distance from making weight. He said 7lbs but it looks like more.

2) The rest of the riders are likely to not be happy about him being licensed. Not because of the competition. But for the safety aspect. He didn't look good at all riding at 53. Can he compete with the fastest horses against the worlds best riders atop what will probably be inferior stock?

3) It sends a bad message to the racing public that California would grant a license to someone who's been given so many chances to only to be betrayed and made to look foolish. It got personal with John Harris when Patrick assured him man to man to allow him back then quickly broke his promise and again went off the wagon.

I strongly believe in redemption. Patrick seems genuine in his desire to return and be a positive force. And I agree with you he has much to offer. But by a preponderance of the facts at hand. I think it would be a mistake to allow him to once again ride races.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most