Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-27-2023, 05:19 PM   #18
Bustin Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I can’t believe that there is an adult human being out there who thinks USPS is subsidized by tax payer money. IT IS NOT. Not since the Nixon Administration.
In many recent years, the USPS has been subsidized. But, I won't let you kidnap the debate with that. The only reason the USPS can balance its budget is agreements with Amazon and such and the new dual level union scales. Paying newer employees much less for the same work.
The party is over. I happen to know retired USPS folk. Some of them won't even use the service anymore because it has deteriorated. Some of the boxes have had checks stolen and tampered by employees in my neighborhood.
I am not damning the service. Most are hard working honest people. I am pointing out that the USPS is not a business model anyone wants to emulate. And it's an example of the lack of proper incentives existing in govt run operations. And unionizing said operations makes things even harder to turn around.
Bustin Stones is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)