Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #3
DeltaLover

Pretty good posting and question!

For my systems, the most important thing I am ignoring from the pps is the name of the horse itself!

Sound a bit strange but let me explain it...

I have gone through a long process of what and how to present in my past performances... Years ago I've started writing pretty facny 'fat' desktop applications mimicking is many ways the classical look of a pp as appears in the racing form adding quite a few improvements... Displaying data in graph formats, all the matches of the horse for my handicapping factors with their associated IV and ROIs, creating every possible combo of factor per trainer per jockey per surface, displaying run against each other in a graphical representation and many many more...

After a pretty long evolution curve of my software, today it looks totally different than it used to be... I try to display as little information as possible...

I am sure you can see where I am getting to... Displaying just the number of the horse and the amount I am going to bet.. I have not gotten there yet but at least I am in the point to present each starter in a race with an array of numbers (close to 10) that are sufficient for me to make a decision. None of this numbers can be found in the pps as appear in the racing form, in contrary the are the output of my models that are receiving the 'primitive' data converting them to indexes giving me a clear representation of each starter in a single line. Any kind of descriptive data in a textual format, like horse, trainer or track names for example are not part of this view which is a matrix containing as many rows as starters and as many columns as the indexes I am using. This format of data is very easy to back test using betting simulators and even if we need to form an opinion using our judgment we can be sure that any bias influencing our decisions will be easy to quantify and eliminate.

So:

NO HORSE NAME
NO TRACK CODE
NO TRAINER NAME
NO JOCKEY
NO SURFACE
NO DISTANCE
NO RACE CLASSIFICATION

and the list goes on....
DeltaLover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement