Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Software ?'s
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 11:36 AM   #3
headhawg
crusty old guy

Slam,

You could use the search on this board to find users opinions on software. There also was a recent poll about who was using what.

Hurricane is right -- how sophisticated a user are you? All software has a learning curve, but it can be divided into two parts: 1) ease of use (how good is the interface) and 2) "expert" level usage (learning to get the most out of the software). I recently purchased a program that is very easy to use. However, I am definitely still in learning mode in terms of discovering all of what it can do.

Cost might be another factor. I feel that I purchased a great program at a great price.

These tips are of course referring to software tools, not black boxes. If you want one of those, read the current M. D. Kram Software thread or do a search.

In general, I think moving to software will at least save you time, and probably will help you uncover things you wouldn't have seen without it.

Good luck.

HH
headhawg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)