Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 09:25 PM   #17
garyoz

I gave up and didn't try it again until the 9th race. No problems with buffering during the last two races--actually no problems at all. I'm not sure, maybe it is a demand problem and everyone gave up by the end of the card?

I still say it is great they are trying and are calling this a beta version. They will get there eventually.

As an aside, I read on the FAQ's on the HRTV site that they are going to make their feed available on ROKU--they said to "stand-by" for an announcement.

I wonder what the back-end expenses are for making a channel available on a streaming service like ROKU? You have to develop the service for peak-load demand--like the big racing days--so there has to be excess video server capacity. This has been the same problem the phone carriers have dealt with forever--delivering dial-tone on Mother's Day--what is acceptable "blocking" or inability to deliver a signal (dial-tone).

Horse-racing like all sports is evolving to streaming and device agnosticism with HDTV quality. That's good for everyone but the aggregators like TVG and HRTV. The tracks may need to get better control of their signals--and the ADW relationships will probably get messy. Who controls the customer--the content provider (e.g., NYRA, Keeneland, etc.) or the ADW? Sorry I'm digressing...
garyoz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)