Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 12:35 PM   #27
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
Clearly at some point it was a 'thing' otherwise why mention it? I do agree though it's a big leap to point to that as a specific reason for retirement. At best it may have been a tangential one of many reasons. The obvious reason from what I can glean is he reached retirement age and he already did pretty much everything anyone could hope to accomplish anyway, might as well put the time into lower-stress, figure research, travel etc. If / when he writes anything I'm sure we'll see it somewhere but I suspect it's probably a really nice change of pace that he doesn't necessarily have to do that anymore. I give anyone credit who puts their opinions out there in public, selections etc, that can be a very high-stress thing to do and some people may accept the criticism better than others. Not to mention the more high-profile you become the more people are looking for any possible way to tear you down.
My guess it had zero effect.

I don't know the man personally, but someone who does already commented in this thread that the theory was incorrect.

Let's leave it at that and not turn this thread into another mess.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)