Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 11:06 AM   #25
MJC922

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Except if you actually read the article, I don't understand how Half Smoke could come away with that recollection:

So after reading that, I come away with the notion Beyer didn't really give a shit about the negative stuff people wrote about him in the comments section. Because he just ignored it after a period of time.

Clearly at some point it was a 'thing' otherwise why mention it? I do agree though it's a big leap to point to that as a specific reason for retirement. At best it may have been a tangential one of many reasons. The obvious reason from what I can glean is he reached retirement age and he already did pretty much everything anyone could hope to accomplish anyway, might as well put the time into lower-stress, figure research, travel etc. If / when he writes anything I'm sure we'll see it somewhere but I suspect it's probably a really nice change of pace that he doesn't necessarily have to do that anymore. I give anyone credit who puts their opinions out there in public, selections etc, that can be a very high-stress thing to do and some people may accept the criticism better than others. Not to mention the more high-profile you become the more people are looking for any possible way to tear you down.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)