View Single Post
Old 10-03-2021, 10:21 AM   #22
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
I'm guessing the posters recollection probably came from reading this article:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...r-rebel-cause/

i.e. "The advent of the “here comes everybody” nature of the Internet further opened a Pandora's Box of malevolence toward Beyer.
Except if you actually read the article, I don't understand how Half Smoke could come away with that recollection:

Quote:
The critics, hidden behind their computers, came in waves, and after getting a taste of them, Beyer stopped paying attention.

“My guess is plenty of journalists feel the same way,” he said. “People lurking in anonymity saying, 'This guy is an idiot.' I have my own standards. I had a sports editor who held me to high standards, a newspaper that held me to high standards. I think a lot of people in the sport viewed me as a knocker, as a negativist. There's always been a lot of stuff in horse racing in terms of honesty issues, drug issues. The game is negative, and if you're a journalist you're supposed to write about it.”
So after reading that, I come away with the notion Beyer didn't really give a shit about the negative stuff people wrote about him in the comments section. Because he just ignored it after a period of time.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-03-2021 at 10:24 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)