Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 01:51 AM   #10
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I've read it...and I wish it was applicable to today's game. But, since it isn't...it now sits on my bookshelf right next to Ainslie's Complete Guide to Thoroughbred Racing...where it belongs.
Young people who are serious students of the game should still read it. The mathematics are timeless. There is much to be learned from the book.

Old people who have read it have probably moved on, but that doesn't mean there is nothing of value in it for young people.

Where else can you find the Generalized Reduced Gradient equations for finding the optimal place and show bets when there are more than one possible place and show bet in the same race?

If what you say is correct that the pools change too much at the last minute then how can you make a wager into any pool? They all change. Doesn't matter if you're talking win, place, show or exotics. Hell, people bet trifectas and they don't even know what the payoffs are going to be.

In my experience the late money is a factor, but it can be accounted for. There are patterns. Study the data. Find a rule or law that applies. Then test it to see if it holds.

Just because a system doesn't work for some people, doesn't mean it doesn't work. Likewise, just because something works for one person doesn't mean it will work for someone else. A person has to believe in the system and have the temperament to use it.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)