Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #34
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman
This was always going to happen. Once declared "seasonal," employees get no benefits. This saves ownership money.

On a personal note, given the unique range of rolls I fill at mnr, I SHOULD be confident of being called back this spring-but nobody, myself included, is resting all that easily these days.

With that said, however, I'm a realist who never expected such a long successful run, and I'm well-satisfied with our legacy and body of work.

And, incidentally, if I HAVE been canned, permanently, that is, it's not NEARLY as traumatic as I would have expected. My confidence and sense of self remain virtually unshaken.

I'm now backed by two separate whales, and Mahoning is easy pickings.

Thumbs down to Mahoning, by the way, for routinely running out of forms, refusing to change monitors in the upstairs sports bar to the local product, and failing to anticipate today's large crowd. Some of the omens there are not real encouraging.
merry xmas.......they had a .10 superfecta today that paid over $16,000. i happened to have had the winner and liked the horse that ran third in the race, but i didn't even think of playing the super!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)