Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #10
UnifiedTheory

HDST v1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhawg View Post
Sorry about any confusion. You can archive the current scratches as you exit the program but the original information from Equibase is for the current date only. As far as the other issue, post #26 in the HDST thread explains what is going on. I had to enable a "safe" mode or many programs that use race info from the first horse in each race would render the modified file useless. Bottom line? The first horse in each race in the data file cannot be scratched; the program prevents it.

I did create HDST v1.2 but it was never released because I did not thoroughly test it. v1.2 provides an option to NOT enable this safe mode. That means for programs like Handifast the scratching of the first horse is allowed. Handifast does not use the fields that have race data exclusive to the first horse.

Thanks again Headhawg for the illuminating info.

Handifast is my favourite handicapping software, and once I evolve my HF analysts to a proper degree it will most likely be the only handicapping software I use.

If you'd be willing to send me HDST v1.2 in a pm, I would vow to never share or sell it to anyone and if I have any issues with it because of it's untested nature I would only make mention of it in a polite and positive manner.

However if you'd rather not release v1.2 to anyone because it's not thoroughly tested, then I understand.
UnifiedTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement