Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:52 PM   #8
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post
Used to play in tournaments when I was in High School and a little bit later.

Highest USCF rating was 1781. Currently at 1600 due to inactivity, and I think the last tournament I played in was way back in 1992.

Have not played a casual game in many years, and never played over the internet in the on-line era. While not a high priority, the thought has crossed my mind about renewing my United States Chess Federation membership and going to a tournament or two just to see even if I can hold my own again. One notable difference of now vs. then is that the time control limits are much faster.

Anyone else here have a USCF rating?
No, not a USCF rating...but I play on Lichess a lot. I play 4 minute games and mostly play white...Get lots of games with 1600 players who mostly whip me pretty good so my own score is around 1200-1300. If I play steady and for longer games I can get up to 1500...but I like the challenge of a fast game with good players...I like to open with Bishop’s opening or some variation of knight, pawn, Bishop...
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)