Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #128
DrugS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM1947
I guess Im not as smart as all you guys are so I would like 1 ( one ) questioned answered, please. This question is reguarding all the well know trainers ( not the ham & egg guys at beu or sun or any small time track)
the question :

What exactly do they gain by "cheating" ????

remember all these trainers earn in excess of 1 million a yr
all the owners are very wealthy
if they are known "cheaters" in the racing community no one will buy or claim a horse from them

So, please tell me what they gain by cheating

thanking you in advance for all the great answers I will get to enhance my weak knowledge base
Panama Lewis was considered one of the greatest boxing trainers of all-time and was in the prime of his career as a trainer when he got caught loading gloves.

You can fast forward to 3 minutes and 30 seconds in and see how he got caught...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI1RB6JYgfU

In this case - his fighter was a soft puncher Luis Resto. He defeated an undefeated up and coming prospect named Irish Billy Collins. Panama cut the padding away from Resto's glove and had plaster inserted under his knuckle wrap.

The result was Collins losing his first pro fight - coming out of it looking like this..

Collins had permanentley blurred vision that ended his boxing career. 9 months later he drove his car off of a cliff killing himself in an apperant suicide.

Panama Lewis was only caught because his fighter was stupid enough to shake the hand of Collins father/cornerman with the loaded glove after the fight.

You are confused why a top horse racing trainer would give an animal a performance enhancer that A.) might not even be illegal or B.) might not even be detectable...

Why would the best boxing trainer in the game cheat to such a brazen extreme that it would ruin the lives of other humans?

I hope you were being naive and not sarcastic when asking that. I detected sarcasam.

Last edited by DrugS; 01-28-2009 at 01:48 PM.
DrugS is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)