Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 12:00 PM   #123
classhandicapper

I don't follow GP figures very closely, but has anyone considerd the possibility that Beyer has the race a lot too fast to begin with. I realize it looks like an especially fast race (especially when compared to the filly sprint later on the card), but this would not be the first time that track maintenance, wind, starting gate placement, teletimer malfunction, a change in track moisture etc... lead to strangely fast/slow final time that didn't fit with the rest of the day.

I just took another quick look at that field and I think a figure of 100 (+/- a little) would certainly be reasonable if that race was analyzed in isolation. It's certainly possible that some of the well beaten horses coming off artificial surfaces didn't hold their form at all and only the top 4 ran their race. A figure of 100 (+/- a little) would not be an unreasonable interpretation of that result and would also NOT provoke the kind of reaction we are getting about this horse or Dutrow.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-28-2009 at 12:01 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)