Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 12:07 PM   #9
twindouble

I have serious doubts about this 2% only that win playing the horses. At the track no one counted my money when I entered or when I left. Like anything else in life no player can stay on top year after year and getting bumped down wouldn't mean your a loser for that year or in the game as a whole. What about granny that hit that $150,000.00 playing her numbers on a $2.00 ticket, I've seen many of them over the years. Today there's so many different pools the public has access to that spreads that money around to large variety players. I've known weekend players that did very good playing the horses and many spot players that were winners just hit and run. What about the guy that hit that huge Breeders Cup pick 6 with a $12.00 play, is he counted? How many whales are out there churning millions scoffing up that rebate money for a 2 or 3% profit that is supported by some people here? For some players just hitting 4 or 5 good payoffs be it supers or pick 4's for the year puts them in the black. Who's counting them? A buddy of mine had a pad answer when someone asked him if he wins playing the horses, "no I come here every day to throw my money away". That always changed the subject.

If only 2% of the members here win at the game, there's an awful lot bull going around. Again, I find that hard to believe. Where these statistics come from is the question. I don't know of any independent study that's been done. I say independent because those that are against gambling their stats are always skewed anyway and they always vote for to sin taxes.

Subjects like this are far from being a priority of mine. There's other things that are more important to me as a player and what the wife expects of me.

Good luck today,

T.D.
twindouble is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)