Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-24-2021, 10:45 AM   #98
burnsy
self medicated

Well, just a great interview with Johnny V. By Seth Merrill on the OTB channel. Pretty much said what I thought a jockey in his standing would say. The guy has won every big race in this business, some multiple times. Not having the whip is dangerous. The horse has its own mind and if he can’t use that whip they don’t respect his tugging and it’s a lost cause. He said this was coming no matter what but he was surprised it happened in the biggest race. He said he puts the horses first and the jockeys. If the horse falls the jockey falls. IMO I thought it was a risky rule and his opinion confirms it for me. I really wouldn’t know , but there aren’t many better than this man. If Johnny V says that rule is not good , that’s good enough for me. You got people that couldn’t play kick ball backing it. Who you gonna believe?

Last edited by burnsy; 07-24-2021 at 10:47 AM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)